The Farmhouse

Monday, July 1, 2013

Taking A Deep Breath

When it rains it pours.  Whatever can go wrong - will.  I have a lot of luck, all bad.  These adages just about sum up my life right now.  After doing some excavation work Wes informed us that he had exposed some roots of the HUGE tree that stands in front of the house.  This may cause problems down the road.  We discussed it and decided it would be best to remove the tree now before the house is built.  I really feel that I would be extremely nervous about that big tree coming down on the house in the future.  The weather has been so crazy the past few years.





We got a price from a tree expert and the work started this morning.  If you have never seen a HUGE tree being cut down it is quite a sight.  A man actually climbs up the tree and cuts small sections off.  That piece is then lowered to the ground by ropes and shoved into a chipper machine.  That is until one piece goes careening out of control and smacks into a little farmhouse!


Two broken windows and a busted up (new) foundation.  Thank goodness nobody got hurt. Thank goodness this tree company carries good insurance.  They will now be paying for custom restoration windows (no Anderson windows now) and repairs to the foundation. I must admit it is hard for me to look at the house now.  I know this sounds silly, but it just seems sad to me.  I told Cliff I won't be going to the house until the whole tree business is done.  I can't look!! I guess I have fallen in love with this little house and it is too hard to see it broken like that.  Sounds corny I know.  The bright side is we were going to remove those windows anyway and now we will have new custom made windows.  It still hurts.  If you drive by the house blow a kiss - it needs it!



No comments:

Post a Comment