The Farmhouse

Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Roof Over Our Heads (Almost)

Since I last blogged we have been very busy at the Farmhouse.  We now have all of the walls in the addition up.  The roof trusses have been installed and the porches have been framed.








This will be the porch off of the mudroom.  We will usually enter the house here.


This porch is off of the great room.  A large slider will be installed to enter the porch.
Dave is one on the workers and he puts in a full day.




To show my appreciation I made a batch of Zucchini Bread.  Wes Jr. had requested a somewhat healthy snack.  Kids these days!  Anyway.... Please hold your applause.  I was unable to wrangle the food stylist away from the golf course so I styled the food myself.
Voila!



It's tasty, too.
In other exciting news, I was thrilled to see this:



My first tomato of the season. Let the madness begin!
And Lordy, Lordy look who finally arrived:



Please meet St. Joseph.  He is here to sell my house.  He seems kinda small, but I hear he does good work.
Sadly I will have to bury him to find out.  Keep tuned...Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Amy,

    Stuart told me that he ran into you and Cliff and I just looked up your blog. Congratulation on your new venture...we will miss you guys on Dorset Hill. I just wanted to tell you that we are very familiar with the property on Nacirema. My dog breeder named Eve Ballich owned the barn and lived in one of the 2 brick homes across from it. For years and years, I would take Taffy and Toto (you remember them) to the barn where Mrs Ballich kept her wire hair fox terriers and groomed them. There was a beautiful field of daffodils that would bloom each spring next to the barn. She was Rosa Ponselle's best friend and her husband Dr Ballich was Rosa Ponselle's psychiatrist. Their back yards were adjacent to one another. After Dr Ballich died, Mrs Ballich sold the barn and the dogs began getting groomed in the spring house behind her home. Eventually Mrs. Ballich sold all her property and moved to PA. She died a few years ago but I still take Lola to Mrs. Ballich's kennel manager and groomer. She lived on the property too and may know more of the history. Your farmhouse looks lovely and I wish you and Cliff all the happiness in the world.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete