The Farmhouse

Monday, July 15, 2013

Romancing The Stone

Today I went to visit our granite slabs.  They arrived at the fabricators last week and I was anxious to pop over and say , "Hi!". They are quite the beauties, two slabs of granite from the deep granite quarries of India.  I was a little nervous to see them in the daylight since we only saw them inside of the warehouse a few weeks ago. I was thrilled to see how wonderful they look. I am deeply in love :)

If you are in need of granite counter tops I highly recommend Rock Tops in Owings Mills.  They are great to deal with and do a very good job.  We used them for our current kitchen and are very pleased.

Work is progressing at The Farmhouse.  Last weeks' rain set us back some on construction. They were able to do a lot of demo inside, however.  The whole back side of the house is gutted.  Today framing started!
Yeah! I told you this excites me.



It is interesting to know that this is how high the floor will be.
Since we are sooo happy progress is happening - I made a batch of these:


When Wes opened up the hole to the basement he found our old friend the Black snake.  He was there when we had our home inspection and I guess he didn't get the memo that new folks now own the house.  

                                                                        
Eww.......

No comments:

Post a Comment