The Farmhouse

Friday, July 5, 2013

Cleaning Out and Throwing Out

Cliff and I agree on most things.  We've been married 30 years - mostly harmoniously.  With thoughts of moving constantly on my mind I have been cleaning out closets and drawers.  There lies a beast down below.  Just thinking of it gave me the willies.  This beast is the basement.  It's large and cavernous.  Finished parts and unfinished parts.  Furnished parts and parts that just hold STUFF !! Come on people - you know what I mean.  Years and years of STUFF.  For 28 years the basement was the place you put your STUFF.  Now is the time to purge.  Last weekend we started and boy oh boy did we work hard.  We hauled stuff out by the bagful, the carton full, the wheelbarrow full. It felt good! Until we came upon the record albums.  That's right those relics from our past lives. I remember laying on my bed in my mother's house listening to my albums while reading the liner notes and digging the groovy artwork and photos. It is etched in my mind. I think I remember the words to almost all of my records. Great memories, but memories nonetheless.  Here's the rub:
I say throw out - he says keep. I ask, "Why schlep boxes of albums to the new place.  We never listen to them.  We don't even have a turntable!" He says, "XY%#*!"

  Loved This!

I will leave it up to you to guess who won this round.

I have not felt this light since I lost 25 lbs. at Diet Workshop in 1987.  I now enjoy looking in the basement.  It is no longer "The Beast".

Went down to look at the Farmhouse today.  The tree mess is gone just the stump needs to be grinded. Ground? Wes boarded up the windows and hopefully the mason will come tomorrow and fix the foundation.
I hope to have a lot to report next week.  Hopefully!
I also want to tell you about an anthropological study I am conducting.  I am calling it The Craigslist Chronicles.  I listed some furniture on CL and I am truly amazed at the responses I have gotten.  All I can say is WOW. This is a new one for me and I look forward to studying man and his interactions with sellers on CL.  Stay tuned.........

2 comments:

  1. 1970 Dave Mason - Alone Together Album COLORED VINYL, still have it as we do all our VINYL from The Days, my kids will inherit it and their kids and so on and so on...
    How could the #1 TITS Groupie/BandAid not appreciate VINYL
    .. "Say it aint so".... Sorry Cliff

    The Feinys

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate Vinyl, but downsizing does not allow such . Thanks for commenting:)

    ReplyDelete