The Farmhouse

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Reality TV - Not So Real

I am an avid fan of Reality TV.  There I said it! Actually I love it. Before you get all judgy wudgy, I am a good person.  I graduated from a real University, I volunteer and I even run a charitable foundation! For goodness sake ...I Blog. But I do love me some Bravo TV.  Real Housewives of every state, I watch 'em all.  Teen Mom, Catfish and Celebrity Rehab, who says I'm too old to watch MTV.  Food Network is on my favorites list. But I am calling on all of you to BOYCOTT HGTV.  I considered myself a big fan of House Hunters (International, not so much), Love It Or List It, why I even considered Holmes on Homes a prophet....but listen folks these shows are a sham! How can they renovate an entire home in a one hour period?  Seriously? It has taken a full week for my contractor to erect 3 walls! It makes me extremely jealous when I watch them take a falling down Cape Cod and turn it into a Dream Home in under 60 minutes. Do I sound a wee bit whiny when I ask why my little house is taking sooo long? Reality TV has made me inpatient. Cable television has turned me into an irrational human being.  I ask Cliff why the guys aren't working on Sunday.  He rolls his eyes and gives me "the look". His look says it all - this is The Real World ( not the MTV show!) He implores me to stop watching these renovating shows and try reading a good book. I may have to take a break from HGTV.  But how will I know if they love it or list it? How will I know which house they picked and why?  I need to know and I need to know within 60 minutes.  I mean when Rachel Ray says 30 minute meals - they take 30 minutes! When The Barefoot Contessa says her Beef Wellington will take 50 minutes, it takes 50 minutes. All of this technology is great, but now I need instant gratification.

Things are humming along at The Farmhouse.  We now have several walls up.
 
Cliff is standing in the mudroom .


We had a few visitors this week.  I can't help but think when people see what we've started they must shake their heads and think we are crazy. Maybe we are.  And that's straight from the horse's mouth!


No comments:

Post a Comment