The Farmhouse

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

When Pigs Fly


This is Cliff's Birthday present.  This copper pig will sit proudly on the roof of the Farmhouse.  I have always wanted a weather vane and when I saw this I had to have it.  We will be able to tell folks who are visiting to"make a right at the flying pig". One thing always leads to another and now Cliff wants a cupola to mount the pig on to. What Cliff wants - Cliff gets.

I am happy to report that most of the roof is installed.

I like the different pitches of the roofs.  Did you know these are 6/12 pitches?  Neither did I.
I realized I have never show pictures of the inside of the Carriage House.

There is tongue and groove pine on the walls.  Oh and if you look on the left side you will see the mahogany front door we bought at Southern Sales Services.  Cliff thinks it makes a statement!

  
The Cage  

This door leads to The Cage. I like to think of The Cage as a secret place, but essentially it is more storage.
We have moved a lot of stuff from our basement to the Carriage House.
That's all for now.  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment: