The Farmhouse

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Soups On!

We are finally cookin' with gas!  All appliances are hooked up and in working order.  I have been busy nesting this week.  After all I just gave birth to A Farmhouse.  As any good jewish girl should do I made a big pot of Matzoh Ball Soup the day my stove was hooked up.  My new BFF, Randy, the electrician said he had never heard of Matzoh Ball soup. Really? He never heard of Jewish penicillin?  Randy my man, where have you been living?  Oh - Carroll County you say?  Understood!


Yum!
And today I whipped up some Butternut Squash soup.


This is the easiest recipe ever.  Roast butternut squash, an apple and an onion.  Puree with chicken stock and add a splash of half and half. It will change your life.
In other Farmhouse related news I just bought one of these:
They call this an Edison light bulb.  I wanted it for my pendant light over the sink.  I like the retro look.


Neat huh?

The plumbing inspector came by this morning.  He left a black footprint on my white bath mat:(  And then he had the nerve not to pass us!! No biggie, just a few minor adjustments.  Wes will take care of it.
I am having a blast decorating and putting things away.  Cliff got home last night from a golf trip and I will be putting him to work hanging pictures and mirrors ASAP.

We are really enjoying living here.  I will have much more to share soon.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment