The Farmhouse

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

First Night and Ghosts??

We spent our first night in The Farmhouse! The movers came back last evening and moved our bedroom furniture into the bedroom and put the dining room table and chairs in as well. It was an exhausting day to say the least!  We still have no kitchen and no master bath, but the hall bath is up and running.  I have to say I enjoyed cleaning it. Bright and early this morning Dave and Wes showed up for work.  They have now seen me in my bathrobe and you know what?  I don't care - to tired to care.  Here is what happened today:
Shutters were installed on the new windows.
Glass doorknobs added to french doors.
The rustic beams were put up.  They look exactly how I envisioned.
Dave also made a mantle out of the same wood.  Tomorrow they are taking a blowtorch to fire the ends!  Oy we don't have the smoke detectors installed yet.
I have been busy putting things away and chasing Bella every 
time she flies out the door.

Now onto my ghost story.  Remember Rosa Ponselle? My famous neighbor.  Well last night I plugged my land line into the wall jack in my bedroom.  Cliff had said his mom had called and I didn't hear the phone ring.  I was in the bedroom and that phone did not ring, so I called him from that phone and the number that came up on his cell was not our number! Wait a minute - who's number was it?   I called the number and as it was ringing in my bedroom a man answered the phone.  Creepy! Who was he? I then called Verizon and was told the number belonged to a home on Greenspring Valley Road - a home that just happened to belong to one Ms. Rosa Ponselle .. Did Rosa have a secret line installed in The Farmhouse? Just who lived here anyway?  Maybe a secret lover? Or maybe Verizon has some crossed wires. We shall find out tomorrow when they come out to staighten this whole mess out.

Big day tomorrow.  Granite goes in and then the plumbers can do their thing. It's getting there!
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment