The Farmhouse

Sunday, November 10, 2013

A Man and His Spatula?

So my friend Kathy was over the other day and we wandered upstairs to see Cliff in his office.  He has been busy getting his home office set up.  We were looking around the room when I saw this:


Huh? Why Cliff, why a spatula??  Apparently this is his "special" tool.  Tool for what you ask.  Cliff uses this spatula to turn the lights on and off!  You see it seems his desk butts right up to the wall and he can't reach the switch!  Very resourceful, isn't he?


Here is a shot of said crevice where Cliff slides the spatula to turn on the lights.  I am now searching for a very special hook for Cliff to hang his spatula from.  Seeing Cliff using his spatula really cracks me up.

A theme of The Farmhouse has emerged and you guessed it - it has to do with a pig- a flying pig.  We are now the proud owners of this beautiful hand painted plate.


This was a house warming gift and it was painted by the same gal who did the knobs for the kitchen cabinets. I love it!! Maybe we should name the house The Flying Pig? What do you think?

It was nice having the house to ourselves this weekend.  We were able to unpack and get organized.  Tomorrow morning the guys will return with their tools and saws and messes! I am crossing my fingers that Randy, the electrician shows up and finishes up.  In other news I did take a shower in my new master bath and I am sad to report that something is wrong with the plumbing, because the water never got beyond lukewarm :(  I will be calling my buddy the plumber tomorrow morning. Thankfully the hall bath gets nice and hot. 

Bella has two new friends in the neighborhood and they are quite the lookers!  Two large, blonde, male Goldens.  They really hit it off, they ran and chased and had a great time until one of them decided to violate my sweet, innocent girl!! Really? Humping my little lady?  I am very disappointed and quite embarrassed to say I think she enjoyed the whole thing!

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment