The Farmhouse

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Five Months and One Day

Saturday evening at approximately 5 pm a declaration was made.  This particular declaration was made by our head carpenter, Dave.  Dave proclaimed, "This house is done!" Do my ears deceive me?  They are done?  Can this be?  No more sawing, drilling or laying of drop clothes.  No more air guns, nail guns and shop vacs? I should be jumping for joy - but wait- I may be a touch melancholy.  I may have post-construction depression. I waited for this day.  The day when there would be no vans and pickup trucks in my driveway and yet I am a tad bit blue.  I've read about this condition and it is quite normal, the books say I will be just fine in a short time. Perhaps a few trips to Lowes will help my spirits.  And Cliff has reminded me we have much more to accomplish.  The carriage house is next on the list.  Stay tuned as we make it a working garage where we can actually park our cars.

Here are some pictures of the rooms that we have completed.



We are still working on getting the upstairs done.  The new sofa arrived last week and did get up the stairs!  Cliff has been busy getting his office together, too.  We will landscape in the spring, but the guys did make steps for the front and side porches on Saturday.  They called them stoops, but I prefer steps.

Today we welcomed a new member to the family.  Meet Fletcher.


Josh got himself a Newfoundland puppy!  Can you say HUGE?  This little guy will grow up to be a very large dog.  This shall be very interesting as I could never get him to walk any of our dogs and he lives in the city, so lots of walking is in his future! My baby has a baby!

I hope to get some outside photos this week .  Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment