The Farmhouse

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Almost A Home

We have now spent 5 nights in The Farmhouse.  It is really shaping up, I would say 95% finished.  While the kitchen is installed the only appliance powered up the refrigerator.  For some odd reason the electrician chose to leave the power off to the other appliances.  On the positive front we have running water and ice.  The granite and the wood top are in place and Dave has to put the crown around the top of the cabinets and put in the glass tiles behind the cook top. I started putting away dishes, etc. The mudroom has been renamed - sit down for this- The Butler's Pantry! I know, I know we have no Butler and it's not even a pantry, but I like the sound of it.
My master bath is 84% complete, unfortunately the electrician (HELLO!) hung the light fixtures too low on the wall and the mirrors won't fit under the lights.  You know what that means - more mess, cutting, patching ,sanding and re-painting!  That being said I absolutely love the bathroom. I will take my first shower tonight.

The hall bath is completed except for the apothecary cabinet I ordered.  I thought it would look good hanging next to the mirror.


Here is a view of the den, but remember it's not finished.
Our bedroom is cozy, and also not quite finished.  My mirror does not fit over my dresser, as the ceiling is too low.  Remember the charm of an old house?




I thought it was funny watching this manly man hang a dainty mini-chandelier.

The rustic interior foyer has turned out to be my favorite place. Everyone should have a RIF :)


We are deciding whether to hang a mirror or a painting on the wall.  What do you think?
I would be remiss if I didn't share this funky/cute cabinet Dave did in the Butler's Pantry.

It reminds me of an Icebox from back in the day.
That's all for now, I must go try out that shower.  I took a break from cleaning and unpacking to take a delightful trail ride on Kitty.  What fun to trot through the woods with leaves crunching underneath.  Try it - you'll like it.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment