The Farmhouse

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A New Year or How Did We Get Here?

 
This time last year I had no inkling that I would be buying an old Farmhouse and renovating it, much less blogging about it.  As Forrest Gump's mom said, "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get."  How did we end up here you ask?  Let me tell you.

Last March I got involved in The Retired Race Horse Training Project. This is a program that involves local horse trainers re-training Thoroughbred after they are finished at the track.  I followed 4 trainers as they re-trained these horses for 90 days.  They posted videos online and wrote blogs about each horse.  The final presentation was held at a local horse farm in Greenspring Valley.  I gathered up my riding girls and headed over to watch these magnificent animals strut their stuff.  The farm provided a beautiful reception after the program and this is where I heard about the Farmhouse!  The owner of the farm also happens to be a real estate agent and I casually asked her if she knew of any cute little Farmhouses that were for sale. Being in her beautiful barn got me thinking of Farmhouses.  As a matter of fact she did happen to know of one that was going on the market in a month.  She told me where it was located and I filed the information away in my little brain and went on to eat the delish fried chicken and ham dinner that was offered.  The next day I casually told Cliff about the Farmhouse and he said, "Let's go see it."  So... we did and the rest is history.  Actually, the owner happened to be working outside when we drove up and we told her we were interested in seeing this cute Farmhouse. She did not invite us in because she had been painting and moved all of the porch furniture inside and she was too embarrassed to show us around.  We thanked her and left - never dreaming we may one day buy the place! The next week we arranged a proper showing and we fell in love with the house and the neighborhood, too.  We brought in a contractor to discuss the possibilities and the rest is history! Never in a million years did I think we would be living in this 100 year old Farmhouse, but like those chocolates - you never know what your gonna get.

I want to wish all a Happy & Healthy New Year.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment