The Farmhouse

Thursday, December 19, 2013

New Project

We have decided to start work on the Carriage House, also know as The Garage.  The space is huge, but does not have working garage doors.  It has really nice sliding barn doors that only allows one car to enter.  The doors are very heavy and hard for me to open and close.

We are going to make a larger opening and have two garage doors installed. I am spoiled and used to having my car all snug in the garage.  I am not enjoying scraping windows and getting in a freezing car in the morning!  Wes is not doing this project as he is too busy working on a rehab project.  How quickly they move on.  It seemed like only yesterday he was here hammering away.  Oh wait...he was just here hammering away when he fixed the steps. Hopefully this project will take less than 2 weeks.  Sure!

I am enjoying discovering parts of the house that are old and I love the radiator covers.  Each one is different.



We also kept this old door knob on the office door.  It's really old.

Notice the keyhole. Retro!

In other news, I met with the window treatment lady today.  She will make valences for the kitchen and the bedroom.  The flooring company came to measure (AGAIN) for the runner for the steps.
Since the temperature soared into the 40's today Cliff sat on the screened porch and drank his coffee.  By the way he just started drinking coffee, can you believe it?  I see a lot of porch sitting in our future!

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment