The Farmhouse

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Spud Love?


So, what do you think of this?


Doesn't this little spud look like a heart?  And it's red!  We ate it.

One of my favorite things to do is to explore my new neighborhood.  I frequently walk Bella  at Stevenson University.  They have a big field and she loves to run around.  We often stroll behind the field, just to the left of the polo field.  That's where I spotted these little buildings in the middle of the farmer's field.  I just had to see what was in those little buildings.  Well lo and behold, it's a chicken farm!  Right in my hood! Being the nosy individual that I am, I started asking around and my neighbor told me they sell free range eggs. I found out how to get to the place and wow, was I excited.  I drove over with two girlfriends and we were greeted by an elderly gentleman named Mr. Clark.  He told us to go right on in the barn and his wife would help us.  She was in there counting eggs. Quaint doesn't even describe this place.

The farm sells eggs under the name Carriage House Farms.  I had to buy a dozen of these beauties.

Look at the pretty colors.  The Clark's son is a fisherman and brings back frozen fish from the Pacific Northwest, too.  They also sell free range chickens and turkeys.  We had a fun field trip.  Oh - I forgot to mention this- they use the honor system.  Just leave your money in the barn.  Can you say Mayberry??

Cliff has been getting the Farmhouse festively attired.  He strung little lights on the screened in porch.


Love it!
Also, I have a lawn update.  Many, many hairlets are popping up.


Kinda hard to see with all of the straw, but it's coming in.
Soon it will need a good mowing.
Happy Mother's Day to all moms who read my blog.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment