The Farmhouse

Friday, May 16, 2014

Gifts!


This week we celebrated Cliff's birthday and Mother's Day.  The ole Farmhouse got two new gifts.  Before we get to that I have a question.  Why is it that this :

This dog that loves the water, swims like a fish and generally wallows in any body of water, however tiny, can not be coaxed to go outside and tinkle in the rain??? Really Bella??  I put her out and she lays on the covered porch.  I try a different tactic, I put her out the front door where there is no covering.  She tip toes back to the porch!  Infuriating to say the least.  So I put on my rain gear and we walk.  We walk and walk until this princess decides she can hold it no longer.  Dogs!

We now have an arbor.  This is Cliff's birthday present.

I planted honeysuckle trumpet vine on either side.  We had an arbor at our other place and it was one of our favorite things.

The other gift that finally arrived was our antique sign,  Remember way back when Jason was working on the carriage house and found the piece of siding that said - General Felix Agnus, Stevenson Station?  Well he finally finished restoring it for us.  We hung it over the piano.  It's hard to see in a photograph, but the writing is done in what looks like green pencil. 


Too hard to see, but trust me, it's way cool!
Jason tells me the frame is made from old barn wood that is at least 100 years old.
In other news, we hope to mow the lawn this weekend.  That's right - we have a lawn.  Oh and by the way by saying "we", I mean CNC lawn service.  We don't have a mower.
Big changes are coming, and by big I mean Newfoundland big. Josh is scheduled to move home next weekend. We are a tiny bit, shall I say - hesitant? Oy!
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment