The Farmhouse

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Back In Business

I am happy to report that The Prodigal Son has returned my laptop.  I really missed this thing.  I was virtually at a stand still without it. I can now print, download and most importantly, I can blog!  I also learned during my lap top's absence that my iPad is old.  As in "first generation" old, at least that's what the "Genius" at The Apple store told me.  What does this mean you ask.  It means that I can't do the critical updates that are so crucial to keeping up to date on all things techie. Her solution to this was to simply buy a new one.  Uh - sure!
This is why I love my laptop.

So we are now in May.  Spring has sprung here at the Farmhouse.  Look at these gardens.



Beautiful!  Just kidding these beauties are at Sherwood Gardens.
We have this.


And this.


Oh, and this.


We are trying to grow a lawn.  Two weeks ago the landscapers came and seeded (again), then we had 7 inches of rain and cold temps.  So far we have this.


I see some very tiny hairlets, as I call them!
In other more exciting news we now have a real driveway.  Be still my heart.


No more tiny rocks being dragged in the house by Bella and company.

By the way, I had an epiphany today as I made my daily run to Starbucks.  I am shopping a mere mile from where I grew up!  Crazy how life happens.  I grew up around the corner from the Arundel Quarry, where every day they blasted at 4 o'clock.  Our house shook and we knew what time it was.  Now that quarry is called Quarry Lake and the old quarry is filled with water and surrounded by lovely shops. Crazy stuff!

Many of you have asked about my crafting.  Here is a little show for your viewing pleasure.

Gefilte Fish can flower pot. What??
Macaroon can planter.  Obviously I had a Seder :) 
Burlap pillow
Another burlap pillow.
Maybe this Blog should be A Crafter In The Valley?

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment