The Farmhouse

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Green


I am happy to report we now have a lawn.


Isn't it purdy?  See, you people take it for granted that you have grass. Cliff worked very hard to get this lawn!  He is still working on the back of the house.  That's the part the landscapers did not seed and Cliff works on a little section at a time.
I have also been admiring the new shrubs.  They are doing very well.



I took the pansies out of the window box and put begonias in.


I hope to get three more window boxes and hang them on the side of the Carriage House that faces my kitchen.  I think that would be beautiful.  It probably won't happen this year, though.
The porch is looking good, too.


We really enjoy relaxing out here!  Sure beats winter!

Now for my sad news.  Yesterday we sent Fletcher to a new home.  It became apparent to us that it would be in his best interest to live with a family that could take the best care of him.  After having him live here for the past days, I saw that this pup needs lots of care now and will need in the future.  He is a sweet, goofy puppy, but he has some challenges ahead of him that will cost lots of money and care. I could not imagine him staying in an apartment in the city while Josh is at work all day.  Due to his knee, he can't go back to daycare.  They play too rough.  He deserves to be able to be outside on the grass, not the dirty city streets.  While I wish we could keep him, this place is too small and wood floors are not good for his joints.  Bella and Fletch played hard and many times he fell down - hard.  I lived in fear of him breaking something.  Obviously this was very hard on all of us.  Thankfully there is a wonderful group that is devoted to Newfoundlands and take them into their homes and provide all of the medical care they may need.  We will miss him dearly, but I truly believe it is for the best.  My son will always hold this against me of course, but I hope that deep down he knows it's the right thing to do. Sometimes life is so darn hard!

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry about Fletcher. I know how hard that must be for an animal lover like you. I'm sure its the best thing for Fletcher and, hopefully, you will soon be able to feel better about that. Dealing with Josh will be an entirely different story...

    BTW - Your house looks great! One of these days I'm going to call you and stop by and see it in person. Keep on bloggin girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete