The Farmhouse

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Holes Are Exciting!

Well we have a nice big hole. 
 
 

This is the beginning of the foundation.  When I last updated I told you about the water situation.  It turns out we do have public water running right by the house, but, the pipe is so old it would need to be replaced and re-run to the house.  Off course this costs many monies!! We have decided to use the well which was just tested and has a good yield and safe drinking water, too.  This part of construction is not very pretty is it?  Cliff was excited to show me where the mud room will be though.


How appropriate.  Get it? Mud room :)
Tomorrow the footings will get poured, then the slab goes in and then I may actually get an idea of what this place will look like.  You see I basically have no clue when it comes to reading plans and drawings.  I am blindly trusting Cliff that this will actually be, in fact a nice little place to live out our Golden years. 

I hope you are enjoying the blog.  Some folks have said they tried to leave a comment but were unable to.  I think you may need to enter the blog through a Google (Gmail) account.  If anybody knows please leave a comment - PLEASE!

No comments:

Post a Comment