The Farmhouse

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Feeling Unpopular

I have decided that having a house on the market is like being back in high school. You do your best to make
the house attractive and you hang out a shingle and you wait.  You wait for that phone call.  You wait to be chosen for the team.  You wait for that cute guy (the buyer) to pick you. You want to fit in so you lower your price.  You want to smell good so you clean frantically.  Your heart races when the phone rings and you see it's your agent, only to be let down when you find out you weren't chosen....again! Why?  You wonder what is wrong with you (the house)? You start to take it personally.  You offer yourself up to the public (the open house) only to be judged. Not enough bedrooms, too many steps, chopped up floor plan, bad schools.  How in the world could I live here!! This place must be awful.  Why I have wasted 28 years living here!!  But wait - this is a great house- I can't listen to the naysayers.  The right guy (I mean Buyer) just hasn't come along.  So for now I wait by the phone and I look forward to meeting the new owners!                                                                               

9 Dorset Hill Ct, Owings Mills, MD 21117

2 comments:

  1. Amy - I have always loved your house (you and Cliff) and felt your sense of fashion (home decor) was beautiful! The friends you hang out with (the neighborhood) are great. Putting yourself out there (the open houses) will prove to be fruitful when the right boy (buyer) comes along. Don't lose faith, (don't reduce your price), it is a great house! (no hidden meaning there. ; )


    PS...You're getting pretty good at this writing thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I wrote this once.. I will try again.. BOYS SUCK... ( sorry no filter today dealing with a sick mom)... time to switch teams and go for the girl! ;-) The right ones will come along... be patient....and know the right WOMAN will see all the love and beauty you have put in your home....they just haven't seen it yet~hang in there

    ReplyDelete