The Farmhouse

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Finishing Touches

Recently The Farmhouse has been  getting gussied up.  We now have an actual garage!  As I write this  our cars are all tucked in and out of the elements.  Oh, how I appreciate the little things!  The garage doors were installed today and now we are waiting for the electrician to come back and hang the outdoor lights and Jason needs to paint the new siding he hung above the doors.  We wanted to get Gooseneck lights for above each door, but, alas they were too pricey!  How come everything I choose is the most expensive?  I wish I had bad taste :) Instead we settled on the hanging lantern style lights that match those on our front porch.

We also had our window treatments installed today.  They really warm up the room.




I enjoy decorating and I spend a good deal of time searching the Internet for fun crafts to make.  I was quite the decoupager back in the day.  I also dabbled in painting birdhouses and painting wooden trays.  I wanted to have a project that incorporated The Farmhouse. I decided to use one of the old windows that we removed to make way for the new energy efficient windows.


This old window cleaned up real nice!

Next, I taped and painted the glass.


Painted some Roosters (homemade stencil) and painted the Porch Rules - they must be enforced!  I think we will hang this on the screened in porch if it ever warms up. I had a lot of fun making this and now I am searching for a nice beat up piece of wood to paint on.  Give me a call if you know of some.  I strongly have the urge to stencil!!
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment