The Farmhouse

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Serenity Now


Enough Already!!  As I sit down to write this blog the lights are flickering, there is a coating of ice on the trees and my pants are getting tighter.  May I just say - THIS WINTER SUCKS!  I know I am not alone in this sentiment, but as the Creative Director of this Blog I feel it is my duty to complain loudly about the weather.  Yes it was "charming" when the first snowfall came to The Farmhouse, but come on, how much of this crap must we endure?  I fancy myself as an outdoors type of gal.  I love riding my black pony on a crisp winters day, Bella and I enjoy hiking the trails at Oregon Ridge , heck I even make Cliff join me on a walk around the hood.  But this - this S**T is unbearable.  Forget riding even the most surefooted beast in this weather.  Kitty hails from Canada , wears shoes with special snow pads and borium and I still can't ride her in this mess! Walking the dog becomes a challenge just to stay upright due to the ice.  My big outing today will be a trek to my beloved Starbucks. And let's talk about the mud.  When we finally get a day above freezing the ground turns to mud!  Bella is not a dainty type of girl, when she runs she runs Hard!  Skid marks are all over our new, delicate "lawn".  Of course then she comes inside and brings all of that mud with her.  It's an endless cycle of washing towels and washing the floor.  Fun stuff, but when your stuck inside what else is there to do?  Oh and let's not forget baby Fletcher.  When he comes to visit it's double mud.  My little grandpup now weighs 50 pounds.  Big muddy paws!  Love him, though!


Ok - I am done complaining.  I have much to be  Grateful for and I know this, but every once in awhile it feels good to complain. Think Spring!
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment