The Farmhouse

Friday, February 14, 2014

Crazy For Crafts (or How I survived Winter)

Well here we are again, many inches of snow on top of the ice.  What's a girl to do?  Well of course - go crazy with crafting!  But first I am conducting an experiment.  I am very scientifically charting how many days I can go without washing my hair!  Gross, you may say, but with this weather I have been wearing hats and ear warmers and we all know how beautiful a gals' hair looks after removing her hat! So I have decided - why bother - where am I going - oh that's right - outside to shovel or walk the dog.  Hence, the hat. And the pretty hair underneath.  And the best part?  Cliff has not said one word.  Does this man even look at me??  Bella doesn't care either!  I am now on day 3.

Now on to crafting.  I don't know if this has anything with The Farmhouse, but I have a very strong need to craft.  So far I have painted and stenciled an old window, painted and stenciled a sign, painted coasters, painted a cake plate and tried my hand at French Typography transfer!
Here are a few of my projects.

These are ceramic coasters I bought at Michaels.

I painted them with Chalk Paint (my new favorite Thing) and then of course - stenciled!

While at Michaels I also picked up this small cake pedestal.


Painted it Black and then...


Won't this look cute with a giant cupcake?

I also decided to use my Porch stencil again.


I hope to hang this on an actual porch.
While cruising craft sites online I came upon a great site called The Graphics Fairy.  This site allows you download graphics for free and also gives directions for crafting.  I am drawn to the French Typography section and I hope to try it on furniture on day.  For now I am just doing test pieces.  First you download the image and then flip it, yes I learned how to reverse the image on my computer!  Next you print it out and apply a thick coat of Modge Podge and place it over the surface you want to use.  The hard part is waiting 24 hours until you soak the image with water and remove with a sponge.


Here is my test piece.  I hope to try this on a large pizza board.  Fun!!
I hope you are all having a wonderful Valentine's Day.  I even crafted a card for Cliff!!  Really, I got snowed in and didn't get to the store :) 


Uh Oh! A bird just fell out of hair!  I gotta go wash it!!
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment