The Farmhouse

Friday, January 10, 2014

Fifteen Minutes of Fame

On Wednesday the Farmhouse had its fifteen minutes of fame.  A crew from Maryland Public Television came to the Farmhouse to do a bit of filming. You are probably thinking they were doing a story about old houses, but you'd be wrong!  My friend Karen is a producer for MPT and is working on a program about saving the Chesapeake Bay.  She needed to do a few spots about natural cleaning products and ways to conserve water and keep the bay clean.  Enter The Farmhouse.  Karen asked if they could film here and of course I said Yes!  I always fancied myself an actress or at least an actress wanta-be.  Karen arrived with a camera woman and a still photographer and the fun began.

These photos were taken in the kitchen where using natural products was demonstrated.  I even got into the act and was filmed loading the dishwasher (Meryl Streep look out), I requested that only my hand be shown, as I can't deal with the paparazzi right now.

This was a very moving scene.  A dripping faucet.


The producer hard at work.
Cliff even got into the "act" - get it - act?  Look at him load the washer!

Uh oh, Bella snuck in the shot.
It really was a lot of fun and I am looking forward to seeing the finished product in April.
Please...no autographs at this time.

Now on to my latest project.  Remember the cool cabinet Dave made in the mudroom?  Well I have been thinking it needed a finishing touch.  After much Internet searching I decided on a hand painted sign.  Since we seem to have quite a pig theme going on my thoughts turned to swine.  I made a pig stencil and used chalkboard paint and came up with this.
Step One.
From here I ordered a custom made stencil. And then....
The Flying Pig was born.  Or Established 2013.
Love it!  Do you?  Now I want to stencil the whole house.  Cliff has gently reminded me of the sponge painting debacle of 1992.  I will stop.  Until springtime.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment