The Farmhouse

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Working Hard

We have been hard at work, both at the Farmhouse and our "old" house.  We settle tomorrow so we had to make sure the house was empty and clean.  I cleaned, vacuumed and used my Shark steamer on the wood floors.  I love that thing! I must say the house looks really great empty. I would buy it - oh wait - I have a Farmhouse :)
Today Cliff had our Lawn guys come down to the Farmhouse and mulch around the house to keep the mud at a minimum.  They did a nice job and carved out some beds around the house.  We will hold off planting until spring.
We laid these stepping stones leading to the front door.  Notice we have furniture on the patio!
Dave hung the original kitchen cabinets in the mudroom and today Cliff did some touch up painting.  I put the pulls on with the help of my screw gun.
Doesn't Cliff look sorta "special"?
We had some visitors stop by which was so exciting.
Hopefully the kitchen cabinets will be done tomorrow.  The island gets installed after the floors are done.  That Wes is smart isn't he?
Speaking of kitchens - look at these hand painted knobs I ordered.
These will go on the glass doors on either side of the sink.  The horse is my mare Kitty and of course the Golden is Bella.  They were painted by a gal name Ouisha who lives in Kentucky.  She does the most beautiful hand painted pottery and wood works. She specialized in Foxhunting and Equestrian themes and also Corgi Dogs. I also have a switch plate that she did which has a fox painted on it.
I realized that I have not shown a photo of the Rustic wall .  Ta Da!
Dave and Drake stayed late last Tuesday and did this for us. I was speechless. Love it!  I can't wait for the electrician to hang the sconces.
Tomorrow is the Big Day, I can't believe we are finally selling the house. Let's hope it goes smoothly.
I was worried about staying at my friends house with Bella since they have a dog, but they have been getting along fine and she has adapted.  What a good girl she is.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment