The Farmhouse

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Ready Or Not....

Cliff and I spent the weekend packing and making many trips to the Farmhouse.  This house is now mostly packed up. Today we transported items like china and dishes and put them in the Carriage house for safe keeping.  I am amazed at how much stuff we had in our kitchen.  It was a never ending stream of glassware and dishes.  Wine glasses, martini glasses, margarita glasses, champagne flutes and drinking glasses.  Many mugs, too! I thought I had done a good job of weeding out the things I didn't need and consigning or donating, but boy did we have a lot of stuff.  Cliff has decided to clear out our garage and make it a staging area for our move.  In other words he moved the boxes from inside the house to the garage. So... we are now parking our cars in the driveway...so....after we packed up my Jeep for another trip to the Farmhouse...he backed the Jeep right into the side of his Lexus:{ Me thinkith he is a tad bit stressed!!  So now his Lexus has a nice dent in the side.  Want to know a secret? I laughed. I'm sorry but it's just SO us!
Now on to the Farmhouse.  The stone guy has almost finished
the steps and the fence.  The patio is done and it all looks great.
Here are the front steps that lead to the front door.
The inside guys have been working hard to get the job done - just not fast enough for me.
The crown molding has been installed.  The doors have been hung.  These are the french doors that lead to our bedroom.  Won't they look great with the vintage glass doorknobs I am ordering?
I was sooo excited when Dave started tiling my master bathroom.  He did the floor, but then got pulled away to do some carpentry.  Here is the beautiful floor.
The wood floors in the original part of the house have been sanded and stained, of course this takes many days. Three coats to be exact. 
They will start the rest of the floors after we move in. We should be able to live in the upstairs and the den.  We will see.  May be couch hopping for a few days.
This should be a big week.  The kitchen cabinets will be set and the rest of the house painted.  Remember my previous post about those Reality Shows? They get it done in One hour, this reality is going on 5 months. 
Serenity now!
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment