The Farmhouse

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Full House

The Farmhouse is a busy place.  Now that we are are 10 days out things are really moving along, albeit slowly!  We have many workers doing various thing at the same time.  The little house is quite crowded.
So far we have:
  • Painters
  • Trim Carpenters
  • Patio Guy ( I refer to as Stone Guy) Finally showed up
  • Wood floor refinished
  • Plumbers
  • Our beloved contractors
I am thrilled with the hall bathroom.  It has been painted and tiled and the toilet has been installed.  Is it weird that I don't want the workers to use my new toilet?  Am I being just a little possessive? Maybe.
Here is the tile next to the painted wall. The floor is covered by paper so I couldn't get a picture.  We just need the vanity installed and lights and we are good to go.  Get it - good to GO!  I have been called immature before.
The floors have been sanded, both upstairs and the in the den.
Wes said the den floor is so old it can't be sanded anymore.
The entire upstairs (all 2 rooms) have been painted,
This is Dave.  He is standing next to the freshly painted Shaker Beige wall in the Cozy room.  I love this guy :)  He is "good people" if you know what I mean.  And he loves my baking.
The front door is now properly dressed with a new door knob.
The fireplace guys had a problem today with the stone facing around the fireplace.  It seems the Licky Sticky stone wasn't sticking! They will try again tomorrow.  Something about the mortar not being dry enough.
I am amazed at how much detail goes into building a house.  The trim work is the detail stuff that takes so long. I am thrilled that Wes brought in a Master Carpenter to help finish. He is setting doors and putting up moldings.  I love the way this treatment looks entering the rustic foyer.
Nice thick moldings - makes my heart beat faster.
And Bill finally reappeared.  Let the hardscaping begin!
And I have saved the best for last.  My new crush.
Is he not adorable?  And he's Greek - My Big Fat Greek Painter! Love him.
His accent is so thick I can't understand a word he says, yet I love him all the same.
Everyday we get a little bit closer.  I can't wait.
Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great, Am!!!! When's the Open House so we can put it on the calendar!!!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. First we need running water! Then we'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete