The Farmhouse

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Taking Flight

Today was a momentous day at The Farmhouse.  A day I have anticipated for 5 months.  A day I have planned and dreamed about.  A day that a pig took flight!
Here is another view.
I am now complete! Pigs do fly - at least at The Farmhouse they do.
As I am still catching my breath, I have much to report.  The grass has come in thick and lush.
Today the insulators started.  The first step is this stuff:
Pretty gross, huh?  They spray this type of of insulation into the basement and under the creepy places of the house.  No snakes were found upon inspection!
Here is good view of the new duct work running under the house. We also had the crawl space foamed so we no longer have a dirt floor down there.  Remember it is an OLD house! Tomorrow they will put the fluffy pink stuff into the inside walls.
I was so excited about the weather vane and cupola that I whipped up a batch of pumpkin muffins for the boys.
The front door has been installed as well. This is the "statement" door Cliff picked up at Southern Sales Services a few months back.  Of course now we have get that fancy schmancy door knob for the fabulous door. It never ends does it?  It occurred to me today that I know the store layouts at both Lowes and Home Depot but couldn't tell you where the shoe department is at Nordstroms.
Drywall next week.  Keep your fingers crossed!  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment