The Farmhouse

Friday, August 30, 2013

I Gotta Headache!

OK people why didn't you tell me what a hassle selling a home is?  We did the "dress up" thing, we deodorized and presented with our most dazzling smile.  And it worked.  Contract in hand we enter the next phase.  The all consuming inspections. We have been poked and prodded and examined in our most private of places ( ladies you know what I mean!)  We have been air tested, water tested, soil tested, tested for bugs and handed many reports.  Funny how you live in a home for 28 years just fine and then you go to sell it and you have a list of things to fix. The new owner requires perfection of course! And of course this costs $$.  I thought the Farmhouse was the money pit! Oy Vey! But I shall not complain, I wanted this didn't I? Didn't I? Well...I'm not bored.

On to The Farmhouse.  Very busy week. We are now down one more very tall tree.
So happy to report no Farmhouses were hurt in this tree removal!
This beauty was just 30 inches from our bedroom window.  Hadda do it- it scared me.

Today the plumbers started the rough in work.  For those of you who aren't familiar with the building biz, this means pipes and stuff were laid.
More walls inside were done.

Good view of the openings.  Middle will house the fireplace.

See the new slider? I think I shall call this area the sun room.  I can't wait to cozy up on the sofa with a good book this winter.
We also had new hardwood installed where the old kitchen was.  The floor was too destroyed to refinish.
It is getting very exciting to see real progress.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment