The Farmhouse

Saturday, August 10, 2013

A Breakthrough

The day finally came when they opened up the wall.  It was as exciting as when President Regan told Mr. Gorbachev , "Tear Down This Wall." Except in this case Cliff told Wes to tear down these walls and those walls and while your at it - tear out the old bathroom!
Things are really opened up and I finally can see what rooms will look like.  Guess what? I like it!  Yay!
I can now see where I will place furniture.
And if opening the walls wasn't exciting enough - we now have a real roof.
The cupola arrived yesterday and it is snug in its crate in Carriage House.
We had some visitors from the North come by to see the mess that is the Farmhouse.
I like when my friends humor us and act like it's perfectly normal to buy a 100 year old house, rip it apart and start all over again. I call it Good Humor.
Since I finished my Craigslist sales, I moved on to Consignment Sales. Cornerstone Antiques came and purchased our very traditional dining room set. Instead of consigning I sold it outright and got a nice little check that will come in handy when I start to decorate.  I learned an interesting fact from the moving guys.  Two television shows that film locally come to Cornerstone and rent furniture for their sets.  Seems that either VEEP or House Of Cards are looking for an oval pedestal table for the show and guess who has just that?
Me or I did before they trucked it away.  Anyway keep a look out for my table if you watch either of these shows.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment