The Farmhouse

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Amen!

Well the little Saint did it!
Hurray! Finally we have a contract on our house.  The last 48 hours have been stomach turning to say the least. While getting ready to sign one contract, we got a better offer and then had 2 contracts.  Crazy stuff! As we all know it ain't done until the check is in hand, but pending any inspection disasters, we have sold our home.Guess what? Now I'm sorta sad. It didn't seem real at first and I honestly thought we would never sell this house and would have to sell the Farmhouse. So... I drove down to the Farmhouse with my Siamese twin, Bella (always by my side) and had a look around.  Much progress has been made, but I am truly in love with my new neighborhood.  Look what I found next door.

And look how old it is:
I know I use the word charming quite a bit, but come on- how charming is this?
An old spring house surrounded by stone walls. Love it.

The Farmhouse has now been completely opened up and and most walls have been studded.  
This is the family room.  It's hard to see but the middle part will house a two-sided fireplace and on either sides are half walls going into the sitting area off of the front porch.
Another view.  To the right is another wall that has been opened up.  Not quite sure what this will be yet.
Second bathroom demo. Yucky stuff!
As Cliff likes to say, "We are getting ready for the trades."  This means electricians, plumbers and HVAC people and I'm told they work a heck of a lot faster than our guys.  I know, I know...good work takes time!
Keep your fingers crossed that all goes well with the home inspections.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment