The Farmhouse

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

A Jerry Kinda Morning

So it is 20 degrees outside and I really don't want to leave this oh so cozy farmhouse.  I spent a few hours cleaning while Cliff went out to get his breakfast.  That's right, he gets his food on the outside. The man likes his breakfast from any local place that offers up white bread and cholesterol - and Diet Coke of course! The breakfast of Champions. Anywho, when he comes in he mentions that Larry David was on Howard, but he didn't get to hear too much. My ears perk right up. I love Larry and I love Howard. I got get into my car ASAP!! And don't get all judgy on me - yes- I am a LOYAL listener of Howard Stern. The man does the best interviews hands down. This week alone he has had Bradley Cooper and Larry David on. Unfortunately he is on Satellite radio and I can only listen when I am in my car. So into my car I go. Made up some stupid excuse of needing toilet paper and off I went.
We have been Seinfeld fans since the beginning and then Larry David fans with Curb Your Enthusiasm. I believe I can quote word for word from most Seinfeld episodes and some Curb episodes, too. Larry was great on Howard this morning. I drove around for a while listening and of course went to Starbucks, too. Which on a side note - I am very angry that I did not win Starbucks For Life - the contest I played religiously for a month! What a scam. However, I realized after I got my Tall in a Grande cup o'joe, I am similar to Jerry.  He has a show called Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee and I am in a car getting coffee!! See? Only I am not a comedian, but I am listening to comedians and making clever comments to myself ( and Bella!) Therefore, I am a show. When I came home I watched an episode of Comedians...Coffee with Jerry and Sarah Jessica Parker. Love her! She bought an old Country Squire Station Wagon and they drove around kibitzing. Fun stuff. It got me thinking, maybe I should do a show called Bloggers in Cars Getting Coffee. Anyway if you haven't seen the show I highly recommend it!
I have an update on our beloved neighborhood swine. They are now residing at The Calvert Humane Society. It seems they were destroying other peoples lawns, too. I think it's for the best. They really didn't fit in with the neighborhood! I miss them though.
Things are status quo here at The Farmhouse. We are getting ready to renovate the screened in porch. It desperately needs a makeover. Stay tuned.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment